Gnome Root Beer Extract is just like pouring one from your own personal draft keg. You will be amazed at the smooth rich taste that Gnome extracts deliver.
Basic Instructions for Naturally Carbonated
Gnome Draft Style Root Beer - 2.5 gallons
- Rehydrate yeast. Dissolve well-rounded 1/4 tsp. powdered yeast in 1/2 cup drinking water at 85-95 F Allow yeast to rehydrate for at least 10 min. Set aside for use later.
- Heat Mixture. In a large stock pot, heat one half gallon to 130 F +/-
- Completely dissolve 2.5 lbs (5 cups) cane sugar and add 1-2 oz.(2-4 Tbsp.) Gnome Draft Style Root Beer extract.
- Cool Mixture. Cool the 1/2 gallon concentrate by placing it in a cold water bath in the sink.
- Stir occasionally until mixture is 80 F +/- or less.
- Add Yeast and stir well.
- Top up mixture to 2.5 gallons with cool drinking water.
- Use a SANITIZED 1 quart microwavable glass measuring cup and a food grade funnel to fill 20-24 SANITIZED 1/2-liter bottles to 1-1.5 inches below the bottle neck.
- Place bottles on their side at room temp (70-80 F) for 2 days or until bottles are extremely firm.
- Chill bottles in freezer 2-3 hours. This will bring the yeast to dormancy and quickly slow their activity.
- Serve & Enjoy - Keep bottles stored upright in fridge.
Gnome Root Beer Extract
- Product Code: root beer
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: R250.00